avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McKibben <m...@hihat.net>
Subject Context.put?
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 23:10:05 GMT
I've been finding myself wishing for a Context.put(key,value) on the
Context interface. Why does Context only have a get? It seems that you can
still support an unmodifiable Context by just throwing an exception (ala
an unmodifiable java.util.Map). I know supporting this change for the
immediate future would be bad since this will break any Context impls out
there (although, in practice don't most people just use DefaultContext?)
but how about for 5.0? It just bugs me having to pass the Context impl to
methods that need to populate the context. I would rather just have to
change code in one spot if I need to swap out a Context impl.

So, what do you guys think? It's just *one* more method :)

Regards,

--mike