avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Sutic" <leo.su...@inspireinfrastructure.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] RE: ComponentManager interface
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 20:28:51 GMT

> From: Peter Donald [mailto:peter@apache.org]
>
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2002 07:20, Leo Sutic wrote:
> > > for static access?
> >
> > But then you can not have poolable components in static access,
> as the CM
> > will not let you release them.
>
> and the sky is blue.

Oh well... if that's not a problem as far as you're concerned, then I
guess we differ.

> > Unless you want the called component to
> > lookup some components from one CM, some from another and some from a
> > third.
>
> I don't see any third - actually I still see only one unless you
> want to risk the second.

One passed via compose, one passed in via the context.

> > And how do you resolve the issue that the caller now is responsible for
> > providing all required components to the component being called?
>
> standard practice in a request based system.

But then if you plug in another component for the same role,
you risk having to change configuration not just there,
but in any callers of that component.

Plus, how do you do remote calls?

/LS