avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Gerhard Froehlich" <g-froehl...@gmx.de>
Subject RE: [VOTE] RE: ComponentManager interface
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 23:34:41 GMT
Ok guys,
I struggled now a long time with myself. Nevertheless I don't
like the approach which was choosen here. I can bet the
solution (A), (B) and (C) will deprecate in the 5.0 release.

I could beat myself with GenericComponentManager proposal. Hmm
ja ambivalent.

It's not the solution, it's the way how it's integrated
which I don't like.
(I was one those, who were naged by GUMP a long time, because
the return values from the PriorityQueue was changed from
Comparable to Object)

>(A)  Clone interface, implementation, and exception into a
>     new package org.apache.avalon.framework.service

-0

>(B)  Clone interface, implementation, and exception into a
>     new package and defer package, interface and
>     implementation naming for further discussion.

-0

>(C)  Clone interface, implementation, and exception under
>     the existing framework/component package and defer
>     interface and implementation naming for further
>     discussion.

-0

Consider:
"Gut Ding braucht Weile" == "Rome wasn't built in a day"

  ~Gerhard

"Anything awful makes me laugh.
I misbehaved once at a funeral..."