avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Larkin <mlar...@optonline.net>
Subject Software Initiative Needs Home
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:11:52 GMT
Dear Avalon Developers,

I would like to determine the appropriateness of initiating componentized
financial software system development projects under the auspices of the
Jakarta Avalon community.

I am willing to provide a substantial amount of my time working in on
architecture, design and software development. It is my hope that there is
sufficient interest within the community to discuss the creation of an
open-source/industry-standard/componentized/plug-and-play financial software
infrastructure capable of supporting financial services and systems.

I would like the defacto standard for financial software system
infrastructure to become free, open-source, "copy-lefted" software supported
by a diverse group (coalition) of independent software developers,
(for-profit) corporations and (not-for-profit) organizations.

Please let me know whether this is the correct forum for discussion. If so,
I will provide details pertaining to the work I have performed to date.

Thank you!

Best regards,

Michael Larkin
Michael Larkin Enterprises, Inc.