avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Leo Simons" <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject project status 'n stuff
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:36:30 GMT
gulp!

Just got current versions of all CVS stuff. I'm lost!
AAAAAH!

-- just kiddin' --

a few observations:

- we have a DB
- we have an FTP server
- we have an event driven server architecture in the works
- we have something called overlord and I can't really figure
  out what it does
- we no longer like Poolables for some reason?
- we no longer like ComponentManager/Selector??
- phoenix is working pretty well, the thing it really needs now
  being better management options

------
I've been reading the archives on the ServiceManager discussion,
but am quite failing to follow it all. What is the problem, what
is the solution, do we agree on that yet and what will be the
migration path?

I read up on SEDA, and really like it. Berin, you encountered
problems with implementing it?

Finally, I think Paul and Pete have been looking at all the
management stuff. Is there any work still going on atm? Where
are we at?

good to be back :-)

- LSD