avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: create threads? or use thread manager...
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:17:45 GMT
Emperor wrote:

>>-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----

No it is not deprecated.  The one in Excalibur is in scratchpad.  I had
written it to support the CommandManager.  The CommandManager is used to
handle Command events, and the package also defines an EventPipeline.
The EventPipeline mapps events from a Source to an EventHandler.

Each ThreadManager is designed to have a different ThreadPool policy.
For instance, you can have one finite sized ThreadPool for all
EventPipelines, or you can have a ThreadPool per Pipeline, etc.
Currently, there is only one policy implemented, but there is room
for more.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin