avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: IoC meets Servlet API
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2002 08:07:12 GMT
Peter,

>I like the servlet API and almost all the uglies have been removed as it
>evolved. It now almost completely implements IOC. Theres still a few minor
>violations (the latest spec still have Servlet.getName() ?) but no longer can
>you reference other servlets nor jump out of your working area.

As fas as it goes yes.  We could not have a servlet as LogEnabled though
without being outside the servlet spec.  Any container that could
setLogger(..) on it after instantiation would also be outside the spec.
 Yet we all agree that LogEnabled is good.  Never mind, this was a silly
thread for me to start.

- Paul