avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: tomcat integration / non blocking io classes / jdk 1.4
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:20:22 GMT
Peter,

>>- can these three products be packaged under one phoenix instance to
>>avoid RMI calls? Bay was an attempt to achive this, wasn't it? but I saw
>>you want to remove it... so what? ;)

Bay was killed because we basically could not get Catalina working with
Phoenix.  I had two good goes at it and booked in interim results, but
neither worked well.  It need sarter people than me ;-)

Two strategies for you (other than those Peter suggested)

1) Run Phoenix in a different VM to Tomcat/Catalina.  Do use RMI or
AltRMI to interoperate between your webapp and your blocks.

2) Use Jo! instead of Tomcat.  It works as a block very well.

- Paul