avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Ant
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:26:19 GMT
Folks,

We have a built in Ant.  I have come to the conclusion that it does not
help us re acceptance.  Newbies fear the scope of what we might have
done to Ant and why we would want to.

I think we have our own ant primarily for xdoc generation (a subject
some of you may note I raised in the Ant list).  These are the jars we
have placed in the ext/ dir that take us away from a standard Ant 1.4.1
...  Cocoon is for xdocs,  fop & batik are for the PDF output.

  avalon-excalibur.jar
  avalon-framework.jar
  batik-libs.jar
  cocoon.jar
  fop-0.20.2.jar
  jimi-1.0.jar
  logkit.jar
  resolver.jar

What would people say about the desirability of purging the built-in Ant
completely?  What are the technical reasons why we may not be able to do
this?

Regards,

- Paul H