avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Points to the new ContainerManager
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2002 16:17:51 GMT
Justin Rudd wrote:
>>>I will fix that problem.  Until we have generics
>>>
> in java, we will still
>
>>>be forced to cast.....
>>>
>>C# has it, therefor Java too soon ;).
>>

> Just a quick clarification, C# does not have generics
> in version 1.0 because adding generics support would
> be required in the runtime not just the language (or
> so says the MS dev team).
>
> There is some research going on to add generics, but
> nothing yet.

:) Java Generics will be a compile time feature, and I believe
this to be an advantage over C++ runtime generics.  It allows the
code to be more optimized while reducing bloat to what we really
need.

Its unfortunate that MS wants to repeat the same thing as C++

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin