avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Son of ComponentManager
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:35:55 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Berin:
>
> Based on the proposal here (which I like) I would like to go ahead
> and synchronise the proposal in src/proposal/service.  Based on
> what I've read below, both proposals are equivalent at the service
> manager level.  I would like to update the proposal (which I'm
> currently using under an adapted version of Phoenix, and related
> pipeline tool, and business application) to be basically in sync.
> with what you have proposed.  Before doing that I just wanted
> confirm that from you point of view the "token" aspect is not on
> the immediate agenda (which of course simplifies things to some
> degree).

I agree with everything here.  Yes, the Token has to be put on the
backburner for the time being.

We do need to go for final vote, but hopefully we can get this all
behind us.

The biggest thing that might need to change is the merging of
Resolver and ReleasableResolver.  It is not clear how to enforce
a release policy without kluges in the client code.

> Cheers, Steve.
>
> p.s. I'm hoping that whatever comes out of this to be friendly
> towards the future introduction of token based service pooling!

:)

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin