avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Son of ComponentManager
Date Sat, 16 Feb 2002 09:10:10 GMT
Folks,

There are now even more things being proposed for this.  What ever you
do could you remember that there are a group of people who have a real
use for an Object form of ComponentManager today.  Could you PLEASE
consider something that delivers what they want as simple as ...

    public void xxxxxxx(XxxxxxManager cm) throws XxxxxxException {
        mSomething = (Something) cm.lookup(SOME_STRING);  // cast from
Object to Something
    }

... Inspired by ...

    public void compose(ComponentManager cm) throws ComponentException {
        mSomething = (Something) cm.lookup(SOME_STRING);  // cast from
Component to Something
    }

I don't care if you retrofit Tokens, Maps, Policies, Rules, Hints as
additional concepts.  I don't care if you do this by evolving interfaces
or by extension.  I do care that it is simple and what the user wanted (tm).

Tell me if you are not going to deliver the 'Object lookup(String)
throws..' method and I'll stop moaning in these threads.

- Paul