avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Promote ResourceLimitingPool to Excalibur proper
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 17:56:04 GMT
Leif Mortenson wrote:
> +1
>
> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> The tests on the ResourceLimitingPool prove that it scales much better
>> than the
>> other pools we have.  After we promote ResourceLimitingPool, I also
>> propose that
>> we make the PoolableComponentHandler in the ECM use that pool instead
>> of the
>> one it does now.  This will massively help scalibility issues when you
>> have
>> many simultaneous clients.

Leif, since it's your class, do you want to do the honors?  It requires
moving the source files to the java/org... structure and the test source
files to the test/org... structure.

Also changing the Pool type to ResourceLimitingPool for the PoolableComponentHandler.

:)

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin