avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Woon <morph...@SMI.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: [VOTE] RE: ComponentManager interface
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 01:24:32 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> I removed the release operation from the ServiceManager interface
> on the grounds that any container that is properly handling release
> should be using the ServicePool interface.  You can see evidence of
> the ambiguity of release in the DefaultComponentManager implementation
> which is basically empty.

Doesn't this mean that anything that doesn't implement Poolable will not be
released?  If so, I was under the impression that it's the call to release that
disposes the component.  Won't this be a problem?

If not (ie. ServicePool can lookup non-Poolable components), then the name
"Service Pool" is not very intuitive...

-Mark