avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Component <> Object (and never will be).
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:03:30 GMT
Stephen

>I'm didn't want to go down the path of exploring possible solution. I'll
>restate this again - SM is a very minor generalisation of CM. It isn't
>introducing any new concepts.  In fact the model of CM suits that
>application cases I'm concerning with - its the implementation restriction
>concerning the Component interface usage which is being addressed.

I could not agree more.  The Query / ObjectName stuff being proposed
discussed in this thread and related are scaring me.  What I want is :

  Object methodName(String nameOrSomething) throws SomeException;

http://www.uoregon.edu/~ftepfer/SchlFacilities/TireSwingTable.html ( I
can;t believe there is only one version of this famous cartoon on the web )

- PH