avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Applying Avalon in a (Jo!) Servlet Environment REDUX
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:20:37 GMT
Ryan,

><snip/>
>Basically, I want to create a Server Application with just two blocks,
>MyBlock and Jo. MyBlock depends on Jo. MyBlock sets up a ComponentManager
>or ContainerManager and stores it in a JNDI tree, then calls the deployWar
>method of the Jo block. At Phoenix shutdown MyBlock calls undeployWar
>and then disposes the ComponentManager/ContainerManager.

This is interesting and should work as you want.  You are talking of the
CM in the JNDI tree because you hope you can achieve it (communication)
without a socket connecton?
Good lateral thinking to publish the CM.  I guess it would work, but
publishing to JNDI is not so trivial.  It is one of a few small things I
am stuck on with AltRMI.

>Does this make sense? Thoughts? Better ideas?

I think it makes sense.  We have some small issues with Jo and it's
parent classloaders for servlet (all jars in SAR-INF/libs are visible to
servlets), but you should be able to get your app working by careful
avoiding of duplicate jars in the war file.

- Paul