avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ComponentManager interface
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 08:14:17 GMT
Larry,

JNDI as a choice of access mechanism to Phoenix services, but not the
default IMHO.  I plan do deliver a JNDI access point for AltRMI services
(thou I am lacking a good example of a provider), which would allow any
transported service to be JNDI looked up.

Framework lookup (the IoC way) is soooo elegant.  JNDI is very heavy and
it feels "thunky" for a default resource lookup.

- Paul