avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cornerstone ToDo List
Date Sat, 09 Feb 2002 13:00:34 GMT
Kevin,

The biggest thing holding it back is docs at the moment.

As for the BCEL compiler, you'd have a LOT of fans if you managed to
deliver a service/block that could help dynamically write Java.  For my
AltRMI project I had to fork the Jasper compiler wrapper as BCEL was
impossible (for me) to understand enough to use.

It might be better to write the BCEL wrapper as an Excalibur package,
but to also supply a block that re-wraps it in Cornerstone.  This way
projects like Cocoon (which only use Excalibur) can use it, plus bigger
Phoenix based apps can too with the additional benefot of taking
configuration from assembly.xml and config.xml

The form, normally, is to work away on something, the email a patch or
java source to this list.  New coders are judged on the quality of the
"diffs" and ultimately proposed as committers when it becomes too
arduous for people to keep applying the diffs.

- Paul