avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexis Agahi <a...@users.sourceforge.net>
Subject Re: Jesktop
Date Sun, 03 Feb 2002 23:58:12 GMT
 > Cornerstone is nearing a point where a distribution is likely.  I
 > previously brought Jesktop to Apache many months ago (it sits on
 > Avalon-Phoenix) and done quite a bit of work on it since.  Unfortunately
 > for a couple of reasons there is no community around it - 1) I have been
 > sidetracked with other Avalon and related tools and 2) I have not
 > actually *tried* to build a community here as it is a bit rude bringing
 > committers to Avalon when it is only partially related.
 >
 > I propose removing it from cornerstone/apps and creating a sourceforge
 > project for it.  Then build a community around it and bring it back
 > later to jakarta.

I think Jesktop is a real cool concept/idea, and it is must be considered
as a huge project itself (and not included as a part of something). The
fact is that such project has either a lots of supporters and became
successfully, or less support and quiet few evolutions.

I've always dreamed coding for such project but lets face it, to have a
descent complete product, we should all works hours and hours to rebuild a
lots of common tools that are well known and not so funky to reimplement.

Moving it to sourceforge could open the project to many developers around,
and may build a community, as it should be.

Regards

--
Al