avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Introduction
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 22:57:50 GMT
Scott Sanders wrote:

> I thought I would introduce myself since I am looking into Avalon.
>
> I am a committer over in alexandria and the Commons, and I am looking at
> JAMES right now to make an 'Exchange Killer', thus my interest in
> Avalon.

I have been looking into Matt Welsh's SEDA architecture which will help
us stomp the competition in terms of scalability.  Currently, there are
a number of interface in Excalibur and Cornerstone inspired by his SandStorm
server.  I hope to provide a useful API that is fairly easy to manage.

> I also have an interest in Avalon from the Commons perspective as well,
> but I am looking into the admin interface because an administration
> panel is the best way to capture the hearts of IT, and thus you can take
> over the world!

:)

> I lurk here on the list all the time, and I am watching AltRMI and AJB
> (EOB) with a huge amount of awe/curiosity.
>
> I hope to help Avalon in any way that I can.

We are glad to have any help you can give.

Feel free to post any observations or questions you may have.  I am assuming

you have looked into the "Developing with Avalon" paper to get a feel for
why we do some of the things we do.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin