avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: shutdown phoenix gracefully
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:44:43 GMT
On Mon, 25 Feb 2002 09:11, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> There is some JMX management stuff that I honestly don't know much about
> (don't even know if its working or not). In principal it would provide
> management access to Phoenix.  Personally I would like to see a pluggable
> controller so I can do things like remote CORBA based start-up/shutdown.
> Umm, Pete .. we spoke about something like this a couple of months back.
> Maybe its time to put it in place ?

Maybe. It may be that the best thing to do for the moment is to add a

void requestShutdown()

method to BlockContext which would request for that particular application to
be shutdown. If there was no applications left in container then by default
the whole container would shutdown.

Alternatively you could expose the MBeanServer directly in the context and
make it possible to get it via

MBeanServer server = (MBeanServer)getBlockContext().get( "mbean.server" );

Both of these features should be marked experimental until further tested
though.

--
Cheers,

Pete