avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: asynchronous connection manager
Date Sun, 24 Feb 2002 04:27:33 GMT
Looks good. Are you familiar with the ACE project? Judging from patterns and
naming I would say yes? If not you should check it out ;)

On Sat, 23 Feb 2002 02:29, Emperor wrote:
> for my project I'll build an asynchronous connection manager. Are there
> default ways of registering event listeners in avalon? or any event base
> classes?

not really.

> here are the interface models I used in a previous project
> (throws left out), would be great if anyone can have a look about it -
> how to implement it in avalon and so on... I will supply my work to the
> avalon cornerstone project:

excellent!

> interface Acceptor
> {
>     public void bind(int port);
>     public void bind(int port, int backlog);
>     public void bind(InetAddress address, int port);
>     public void bind(InetAddress address, int port, int backlog);
>     public void unbind();
>
>     // raises bound, unbound, accept (passes connection), accepterror
> events
>     addEventListener(EventListener eventlistener);
>     removeEventListener(EventListener eventlistener);
>     // more avalon way to manage events?

naah that ways fine.

> interface AsynchronousConnectionManager
> {
>     // more avalon like way of retriving connector instances? this is
> simple because connector is a nested class
>     public void createConnector();
>     public void addConnector(Connector connector);

I don't understand the need for this method?

>     public void start();
>     public void stop();
>     public boolean isRunning();
>     public boolean isStopping();
>     // will disappear in avalon impl... compose/dispose instead?

Yep - all the above will be handled by the container and doesn't need to be
in the service interface.

--
Cheers,

Pete