avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] new Framework interfaces [ was "Service Interface" ]
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2002 07:55:40 GMT
On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 11:21, Paul Hammant wrote:
> You can start that tree Berin but I cannot use it.  EOB sits on Phoenix
> and that already has the existing framework jar in the classpath.  I
> could not replace that beacue it would barf without a complete rework of
> phonix.  In short I'll stick to my own framwork interfaces and not use
> those from a fledling framework 5.0

Im not entirely sure where the problem is. Are you talking about using the CM
within Phoenix or within the EOB application. ie Do you want EOB objects
exposed to blocks or something or are you just using the CM abstraction
within EOB.

If it is the second then it may be best for the time being to create your own
interface. When we evolve to Framework 5 you can choose to (or not to) adopt
those interfaces.

--
Cheers,

Pete