avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Shaw <r...@silveregg.co.jp>
Subject Re: ContainerManager
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 02:16:39 GMT
Berin wrote:

||| When designing it, I had in mind that the Container would
||| have a special interface that you would call to handle whatever
||| request you needed.

<snip>

||| This would allow you to use it like this:
||| void service( ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response )
||| {
|||      Environment env = new Environment( m_servletContext, request, response );
|||      Processor proc = (Processor) m_containerManager.getContainer();
|||      proc.process( env, request.getRequestURI() );
||| }

Okay, I see what you had in mind now. However, it seems that the
Container implementation (Processor in this example) still needs
access to the child ComponentManager. So am I correct that the
visibility of m_childManager in AbstractContainer needs to be
changed from private to protected?

Ryan