avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Plans for future
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 10:29:12 GMT
On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 05:07, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> I am satisfied with the current releases of the three subprojects
> Framework, Excalibur, and LogKit.  I would like to start discussions on
> what is necessary to have a Beta release of both Cornerstone and Phoenix.

Phoenix is almost Beta quality at the moment. There is a few things that I
need to add such as ClassLoader management, improved deployment and a few
unit tests for the tools package. This will prolly take about 2 lazy Sunday
afternoons.

However the real thing that is holding us back is the complete and utter lack
of a decent management console. I can quite easily add new MBeans for the
serverside half of the management interface and refactor things on that end
to make it nice and clean. However to do that I need some testing in a real
environment and this is currently not possible because no one has written a
frontend. Unfortunately I am really bad at writing that bit ... every time I
start on it I end up finding excuses to play with other things ;)

So as soon a management console is written it will take a few weeks to get
phoenix into full beta mode. However I don't know when that will occur ;)

Cornerstone is a different thing altogether and there are parts that are
ready for prime time, others that are completely lacking and still others
that need lots of tweaks. However we haven't even done alpha releases of
cornerstone so this project could take a while ;)

--
Cheers,

Pete