avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject RE: ComponentManager interface
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:54:32 GMT

Paul Hammant wrote:
> Our three choices again, with Gerhard's too.
>
> (1)  Change Component to Object for lookup method

-1, break backward compatibility.

> (2)  Create a new method in the same ComponentManager interface
>
>     variations : "lookup2",  "resolve"

-1, ugly DefaultComponentManager implementation hack and
    questionable backward compatibility.

> (3)  Clone a set of interfaces & exceptions into a new package, either
> with the same names, or not.

+1

> (4)  Create a new interface in the existing package
>
>    e.g. GenericComponentManager

-0, because I don't believe the existing or proposed solution is
   doing any sort of component management - both the existing
   and proposed are only dealing with one aspect (service
   provisioning)

Cheers, Steve.