avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Emperor" <DarkEmpe...@gmx.net>
Subject async connection manager
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 21:14:09 GMT
Hi,

As I said last time, the async connection manager is pretty far. Seems
to be working (on win32). I have to change some things in the API
(packet sent, packet error events) and ConnectStatus interface (to be
able to monitor the connect process and to identify which one has
failed). I think after these mods the API will not change (if nobody can
give me a good reason). Perhaps it's time to put it on CVS (as pre-alpha
candidate ;) )?

I would need help in order to make it 100% avalon-style, to remove typos
or bad english ;), to test it under linux and to benchmark it. Any
voluntarees? As it is highly extensible we could implement event based
protocol handlers for HTTP, SMTP, TLS ... And async connection manager
implementations like java.nio or threaded (standart sockets... maybe
polling?).

I think this interface could be very useful to everyone who needs
scalable IO (even without JDK 1.4).

Nils