avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject RE: [VOTE] RE: ComponentManager interface
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:22:12 GMT

> > Another alternative to the whole explicit Query object is the following:
> >
> > interface ServiceManager
> > {
> >      Object lookup( String role );
> >      Object lookup( String role, Parameters attributes );
> >      void release( Object component );
> > }
>
> I would prefer not to couple the service package and the
> parameters pacakge.
> So I guess I would prefer a Query object or if thats not a go
> then use a Map
> object rather than a Parameters object.

Pete:

I understand and support the concern re. mixing in the Parameter
object.  Personally I would prefer Map over Query. Here is my
understanding of what the interface would look like (all method
included) based on quasi "consensus" at this stage + your
suggested replacement of Parameters with Map.

  interface ServiceManager
  {
     Object lookup( final String role );
     Object lookup( final String role, final Map attributes );
     boolean hasObject( final String role );
     void release( Object object );
  }

Is this ok with everyone?