avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Paulo Gaspar" <paulo.gas...@krankikom.de>
Subject RE: [Fwd: Re: org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java package]
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 15:26:54 GMT
> We really need the ability to compile Java on the server side of
> AvalonDB ....

I do not know if this could help but...

Pnuts is a Java-like scripting language that compiles into memory
without using a Java compiler:
  http://javacenter.sun.co.jp/pnuts/

It is pure Java and my performance tests hint that it really has to
be compiled as they announce - it is so damn fast!!!
  http://javacenter.sun.co.jp/pnuts/doc/pnuts_engine.html

It integrates VERY well with Java.

It is Open Source, Sun License:
  http://javacenter.sun.co.jp/pnuts/LICENSE.txt

You can distribute it:
  Sun grants Licensee a non-exclusive, royalty-free right to download,
  install, compile, use, copy and distribute this Software, modify or
  otherwise create derivative works from the Software (each, a
  "Modification") and distribute any Modification to its customers
  with a license agreement containing these terms.

I see no problems in the license but I am far from being an expert.
Read it if you are interested. It is not so big.

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar