avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@managingpartners.com>
Subject Re: Logging in Phoenix
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:13:46 GMT
On Wednesday 30 January 2002 06:58 am, Patrick Hess wrote:
> I'm playing with phoenix and SAR files and I find it uncomfortable
> to check the logfiles for errors & exception. I'm sure there is
> a way to log all the stuff to the console - but where? ;) Can
> anybody point my nose to the right place to search for this information?

Write your own LogTargetFactory. I've attached my ScreenTargetFactory that
you can use as a starting point. You'll have to remove a few lines in
getFormatter() that reference a custom Formatter.

This will only assist you in dumping out your SAR's logfiles to System.out.
The logfile that phoenix generates is still output to disk only (but the only
exceptions I find in there are failures of my SAR to init/start successfully).
-pete