avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@managingpartners.com>
Subject Re: Armi - Alternate to RMI (Commons-scratchpad)
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 16:51:49 GMT
On Monday 07 January 2002 11:42 am, Paul Hammant wrote:
> <fx>ducks</fx>  I have just asked them to seperate into interface and
> impl again.  By accident some of the Catalina "interface" code imports
> and uses impl code.  For good reasons in the 4.0.x series they do not
> want to fix that.  They *might* be willing to seperate all the
> interfaces and accidentally depended on packages/classes to a
> catalina-interface.jar and leave the rest in catalina-impl.jar.  Fingers
> crossed, when it happens it might rejuvenate 'bay'.... wanna take it over?

I can't just yet, as working on all this is via my day-job atm and there are
other things for me to do that have a higher priority. However, speeding up
our system is still on the list and bringing it all into the same JVM will be
a tremendous boost. At that time, (expected to be within the next month or
two), and if the Catalina folk have heeded your suggestion and thus breathe
new life into Bay, I'd be happy to take it over. (Thus we'd be using it in
production -> quasi-corporate sponsorship to keep it all working :)
-pete