avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Braginsky, Leo" <Leo.Bragin...@workscape.com>
Subject JdbcDataSource's connections
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:01:01 GMT
Hello all,

I'm using JdbcDataSource class to pool connections. It's been working pretty
well - I loaded the system on Solaris box (single CPU, 500Mhz, 1GB) with 100
concurrent users via LoadRunner. I wonder if I can get answers to the
following questions:

1) The min(initial) and max pool sizes are configurable which is great. But
I don't see how I can set the pool "grow" parameter. What's the default? How
can I change it?

2) Until when do the connections in the pool stay open? Is there a timeout
or until the app shuts down?

3) What might cause this exception:
DEBUG   10122   [ehrconte] ():
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnection: could not be
> instantiated.
> java.lang.InstantiationException: Ran out of resources to instantiate

4) Can anyone who's been using this set of classes tell me what load he has
been applying (in number of concurrent users) and what the resutls were?

Thanks a bunch

- leo