avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leif Mortenson <l...@silveregg.co.jp>
Subject Re: JavaDocs for Excalibur Scratchpad classes
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2002 15:28:37 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 15:38, Leif Mortenson wrote:
>
>>Currently, the classes in the scratchpad are not being included in the
>>building of javadocs. Should they be? I found it quite useful to modify
>>my local build to include them with the rest of the classes, however
>>that may be confusing to most users.
>>

> How about adding them into the main javadocs target but grouping them in
> their own category if possible. Something like
>
> <group title="Scratchpad Packages">
>   <package name="org.apache.excalibur.foo"/>
>   <package name="org.apache.excalibur.bar"/>
> </group>
>
> etc?
>
> That would give people ample warning that they are experimental but would
> still allow one set of javadocs to be generated.

Good idea, but the problem is that there are several packages which
contain both scratchpad and excalibur classes. (How do you refer to the
non-excalibur classes).

That would also be tough to maintain as all new packages would have to
be added to build.xml when the were created.

How about I create a second javadocs directory called
build/scratchpad-javadocs until we come up with a better solution.  It
would be nice to have the links between the scratchpad and excalibur
javadocs.  But I think that it would be more confusing to have them
together.