avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject AltJB (pending better name) / framework methods
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 11:04:18 GMT
Folks,

I've started AltJB (no CVS yet).  In XP style I'm writing the example
apps first.  Now that I've moved on to the Kernel, I notice that
ComponentManager does not actually do what I want...

    public Component lookup(String s) throws ComponentException;

is tied to components, whereas the justification behind AltRMI and AltJB
is that *any* interface can be transported.  Thus...

    public Object lookup(String s) throws ComponentException;

.. is more useful to us.  The ComponentManager for AltJB will still
route through to the Framework's ComponentManager when looking for other
Phoenix hosted comps.

Regards,

- Paul H