avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Source Resolver Classes And JaxpParser
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2002 05:04:32 GMT
Michael McKibben wrote:

> I can see the use of the "resource:" protocol in Avalon, but how would the
> "context:" protocol be interpreted? In Cocoon, this would load a resource
> relative to the WAR context path (well, actually however the environment
> implementation of Context.getResource was written.) How would the
> "context:" protocol be implemented outside of Cocoon and the environment.*
> interfaces?

A Container is set up with the concept of a context and work directory
(at least in the stuff I am writing).  That directory is passed to the
ContainerManager, which in turns gives it to the Container.

If no context directory is given to the container, the the context
directory defaults to the current directory.