avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JdbcDataSource question: revisited
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:40:50 GMT
Charles Yates wrote:

> After continuing to get invalid connections from my JdbcDataSource
> component I dove into the source and found a couple of problems.  My
> situation is a good test case because for some reason beyond my control
> the database goes down and back up nightly.  When this occurred
> JdbcDataSource would not regenerate the connections.  I'll include diffs
> of my changes that set things right.
>
> Charles

You are the second one to catch the error with AbstractDataSource.  I appologize
for it's existence--but I already committed that fix.  I believe that the
JdbcDataSource changes merely change whitespace--but do not change the real logic.

Make sure that you add the -b flag to the diff so that whitespace is ignored,
and the real changes are recorded:

cvs diff -N -ub [fileset]

- or -

diff -ub [original] [newfile] > [diff file]

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin