avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hammant <Paul_Hamm...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: No bind in SOAPification?
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 17:59:08 GMT
Brian,

>Is there any specific reason for not having a bind method in the SOAPification service???

Not really.

There are problems with Soapification... or more particularly Glue (the
only impl so far).  The problem is that the latest version of Glue no
longer works with Phoenix.  It is a tree of classlaoaders issue as I
have heard others say the same about Glue under weblogic control.

As it happens I have started a project under Commons that similarly
publishes APIs remotely without the hassle of RemoteException or Remote
interface.  That is likely to in some part be available for Phoenix use
later.  As for Soapification, unless there is something other that Glue
that can fit the API, there is little point us keeping a service without
any blocks.  Do you really need it?

Regards,

-Paul H