avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Shaw <r...@silveregg.co.jp>
Subject ContainerManager
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2002 03:31:59 GMT
Hello,

I have been looking at Berin's ContainerManager stuff
in the Excalibur scratchpad. It looks pretty cool but
I want to make sure I understand how it is intended to
be used.

Say I want to use Framework/Excalibur from a servlet.
So I create a subclass of AbstractContainer called
ServletContextContainer. Then my initialization servlet
creates a new ContainerManager, with all the parameters
specified (including the classname of my new
ServletContextContainer) and places the Container
Manager in the ServletContext.

Then my other servlets can get the ContainerManager
out of the ServletContext and use it...but how? It
doesn't seem to expose any methods that would give
my servlets access to, say, the container's component
manager...

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks,

Ryan