avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Visibility of assembly.xml in deployed applications
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2002 21:47:45 GMT
On Thu, 24 Jan 2002 02:02, Fred Yeomans wrote:
> Some time back when I first started looking at Phoenix, the assembly.xml
> file was visible after a SAR was deployed. After the deployment file
> structure was changed, however, this ceased to be the case. I am curious as
> to the reasons behind this?
>
> The reason I ask is that my application consists of a number of blocks
> which communicate either directly, via RMI, or via JMS message queues. This
> allows the blocks to reside in the same or different JVMs, or on different
> machines. The JMS interface is implemented by blocks which serve as
> proxies, making it so that a client block does not need to know whether it
> is talking directly to the server block, or to the JMS queue. I was able to
> change the deployment structure without "redeploying" by editing the
> assembly.xml file.

I have reverted this to the old behaviour and it will now extract
assembly.xml. The original reason for not extracting it was because we wanted
to try out an experimental idea that would not extract SARs at all if not
needed.

So you should grab a nightly build or download from CVS to get this
functionality again.

--
Cheers,

Pete