avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <jeremias.mae...@outline.ch>
Subject [patch] Enhancements to ExcaliburTestCase
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2002 13:41:26 GMT
Hi there

I've played around with the ExcaliburTestCase for the first time and
have realized, that IMO the logging is not yet 100% ideal. Therefore
I've split up loggers for environmental stuff (ECM, setup etc.) and test
code. getLogger() is still the same although now configured through the
LogKitManager. This makes it possible to setup logging for each test
method separately. The environmental logger is available through
getEnvLogger(). In most cases m_logPriority can be set to Priority.INFO
or even Priority.WARN, because the other messages are configured in the
xtest file.

Another little fix I made in run(): An error message caused by an
invalid xtest file is now passed to AssertionFailedError. It was
previously swallowed.

The changes I made are backwards compatible, as far as I can see.

I hope you'll find this useful, too.

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:jeremias.maerki@outline.ch

OUTLINE AG
Postfach 3954 - Rhynauerstr. 15 - 6002 Luzern
Fon +41 (0)41 317 2020 - Fax +41 (0)41 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch