avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Anyone know how to use the JMX stuff?
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2002 04:43:55 GMT
On Sat, 19 Jan 2002 04:01, Jar Lyons wrote:
> I've looked around a bit ... and can't figure out how to use any of the
> JMX features checked in to Phoenix.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions ... or references where to find such?

Well when you start phoenix with the --remote-manager switch it creates an
MBeanServer. It currently exports the MBeanServer via RMI, by default using
the name "Phoenix.JMXAdaptor"

To export a MBean into the MBeanServer you need to place a section like

  <!-- services that are exposed to management interface by block -->
  <management>
    <service name="org.apache.avalon.simpleserver.SimpleService"/>
  </management>

into your block info. However the name "management" is really bad and will
change in a future iteration.

Until a proper management console is in place you can use the RI console
which you can see by pointing a browser at localhost:8082 when phoenix starts
up.

--
Cheers,

Pete