avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: BlockListener needs more methods
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2002 10:36:31 GMT
On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 20:46, Paul Hammant wrote:
> >The application startup method would accept a ApplicationEvent object
> > (that had a method to return the SarMetaData).
> >
> >The applicationFailed() method (or whatever it was called) would then
> > accept an exception and that would be the cause of application failure.
> >
> >Other events would have 0 parrameters.
>
> ApplicationEvent
> {
>   SarMetaData getSarMetaData();
> }
>
> BlockListener
> {
> // as before plus ....
>   void applicationStarting();

lets make this one capable of throwing an exception - maybe
ApplicationUnavailableException or UnavailableApplicationException or maybe
even a vanilla Exception.

>   void applicationStarted(ApplicationEvent applicationEvent);
>   void applicationStopping();
>   void applicationStopped();
>   void applicationFailure(Exception causeOfFailure);
> }
>
> Question, should these new methods go in an interface called
> ApplicationListener that extends BlockListener or not?

not sure - that was something I was going to try out. I wanted to because I
really really don't want to break backwards compatability prior to going beta
however I am not sure if it is a good idea.

Not sure what do you think?

--
Cheers,

Pete

"The perfect way is only difficult for those who pick and choose.  Do not
like, do not dislike; all will then be clear.  Make a hairbreadth
difference and heaven and earth are set apart; if you want the truth to
stand clear before you, never be for or against." - Bruce Lee