avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <jeremias.mae...@outline.ch>
Subject Re: Logging in Avalon: CascadingThrowable and getTime/GetRTime in LogKit
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 07:57:28 GMT
Hi Peter

Thanks for taking it up. I've got a few more modifications to
AvalonFormatter:
- Made printing of nested exceptions configurable.
- Completed javadocs.
- Changed the constants to public, so they can be used by Excalibur's
  FormatterFactory.

Then, in the second diff, there are the modifications necessary to
configure AvalonFormatter.

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002 10:32:36 +1100 Peter Donald wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 19:12, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > 2. If the current getTime() method is not so important, we could just
> > delete it. (I prefer that one)
>
> Hmm. I did this. I can't see why it was ever implemented. It had virtually
> identical behaviour to the super classes behaviour ? Or am I missing
> something.
>
> > On top of that I would like to change
> > org.apache.avalon.excalibur.logger.factory.FormatterFactory so it can
> > set a "depth" property (See ExceptionUtil) for the AvalonFormatter (or
> > its base class) to control the rendering of exceptions.
>
> I added support for this in AvalonFormatter. Awaiting patch for the
> LogManager and friends ;)

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:jeremias.maerki@outline.ch

OUTLINE AG
Fon +41 (41) 317 2020 - Fax +41 (41) 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch