avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: javadoc - can I help?
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2002 03:06:53 GMT
On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 01:49, Guthrie, John wrote:
> Just joined the list, just starting to look at the project. This is great
> stuff. My one complaint right now is the javadoc. It seems that most things
> I look up have the bare-bones (read "none") javadoc entries. For instance,
> today I was looking at the excaliber pool implementations to see what
> happens when I try to get something from a Pool where all resources are
> already taken up - does it block or does it return immediately with a null
> (or do either - right now I need the latter behavior)? But the javadoc for
> Pool's get() reads:
>  get
>  public Poolable get()
>              throws java.lang.Exception
>  java.lang.Exception

> So what I'd be willing to take on, unless someone else is doing this, is a
> first pass at writing some real javadoc for some of this stuff, since I
> figure I will dig into the code anyway.

Writing javadocs would be absolutely fantastic ;) I have been writing decent
javadocs for many of the newer components that I write but many of the older
ones have zero docs ;) Other people have also been helping in that area -
also correcting all my spelling mistakes - hi Jeff ;) but we can never have
too much documentation

> I'm new to jakarta and avalon, so like I said I don't know the procedures,
> so if I am way off base. my apologies. Elsewise, is this an idea and, if
> so, how should I start?

Just make the changes then do something like

cvs diff -u > blah.patch and send it to the list

--
Cheers,

Pete