avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Best Practices: Component/Block
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2002 10:34:37 GMT
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002 21:15, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Thanks, Paul and Peter, for your answers!

Thanks for updating me on new additions to the best practices of Avalon ;)

> It all started with my mail "XPathProcessor and implementations"
> (yesterday). Carsten pointed out to me that work interfaces should
> extend Component. I've looked up the latest "Developing with Avalon"
> where I saw a new entry in "Best Practices" (page 22): "Do extend the
> Component interface if possible". Don't know when this was discussed on
> the list, though. Berin?

Ohwell. Me and Berin don't always agree on everything so I could have quite
easily ignored hime when he was discussing it ;)

> So I found that Cornerstone's TimeScheduler does exactly what I need and
> found out that it's interface does not extend Component. I'm using it in
> ExcaliburComponentManager, so it may not be entirely right, what I'm
> doing here, but it works for me.

Okay. I never thought much about using Blocks outside Phoenix but if it works
for you then go for it.

--
Cheers,

Pete

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability in the opponent." -- Sun Tzu