avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>
Subject Re: One component, multiple configurations ...
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2002 09:00:12 GMT
On Fri, 4 Jan 2002 15:19, Taglang, Guillaume wrote:
> Hi list,

Hi there,

> I've started to play around with Avalon, Phoenix and the other goodies. I
> arrived to a point where I'm not able to find in the documentation what I'm
> searching, so I have a small question:
>
> I have a generic component X which can have different behaviour for the
> same ROLE depending on the configuration. I want to run different instances
> of this component with different configurations. How could I achieve this ?

Depends on what container you are working with. In most of the containers you
can create multiple instances of the same type of component but with
different names (and configurations). As they are the same type they
implement the same interface (and thus have same Role) but the way they
implement depends on whioch one you are working with.

Alternatively you could create multiple different components that all
implement the same interface (and thus have same Role) but are different
actualt types. It really depends on how different the implementations are.

Does this make sense ?

--
Cheers,

Pete