avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Welles <m...@bangstate.com>
Subject Sybase andExcalibur DataSource Management.
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2002 16:21:24 GMT
I've been working on a project for some time now using excalibur's datasource
mananagement, using MySQL as a backend, with excellent results.   Since MySQL
can't to replicaiton and transactions on the same  table type, we're being
forced to move to a commercial RDBMS.  I've successfully moved the project to
DB2, and am now evaluating using Sybase ASE 12.5.

Everything seems to be working fine, but still 'm getting lots of these
apparently non-fatal stack traces in the log:

Could not close connection
java.sql.SQLException: JZ0C0: Connection is already closed.
        at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseError(ErrorMessage.java:498)
        at
com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.checkConnection(SybConnection.java:1619)
        at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybConnection.close(SybConnection.java:685)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnection.dispose(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnectionFactory.decommission(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcConnectionPool.get(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.datasource.JdbcDataSource.getConnection(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.ap.digital.theWire.wireCore.DbConnection.getConnection(DbConnection.java:78)..

etc...

Has anyone seen these before?  Is there a way I can get rid of them?   3/4 of
my log is simply these messages.     Am I correct in my assumtion that it's
just a nonsense pool management issue that shouldn't be throwing an exception
and logging it ad-infinitum?