avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Stephen McConnell" <mcconn...@osm.net>
Subject RE: Divergence from Avalon (was Re: [RT] Is Poolable Harmful?)
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2002 17:48:33 GMT

Peter Royal wrote:
> On Thursday 10 January 2002 12:08 pm, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> > No many - generally speaking the work in done in the initialize method
> > but on occasions there is extraction and repacking of components
> > provided by a compooinent that is itself a container.  In
> > these cases the component reshuffling code generally throws a
> > Componnet exception along the lines of ...
>
> Ok, sounds like a difference in how our components are authored a
> bit. You're looking up all the other components a component may need
> in the initialization of the component?

Basically paranoid schizophrenic behaviour - paranoid because I'm
validating I have everything I need to do whatever I need to do
(even through I running under DefaultComponentManger - but I known
this ... the code doesn't, I know that could change). Schizophrenic
because its not 100% consistent - I'm actually inclined to relax on
paranoia in favour of late loading.  But just for reference, if I
understand correctly, under Phoenix the proxies etc. are already
instantiated .. is there a real benefit in delaying a lookup
invocation ?

Steve.