avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Olsen" <br...@mmmanager.org>
Subject Re: No bind in SOAPification?
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2002 23:55:42 GMT
Hey Paul,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Hammant" <Paul_Hammant@yahoo.com>
To: "Avalon Developers List" <avalon-dev@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 04, 2002 6:59 PM
Subject: Re: No bind in SOAPification?

> >Is there any specific reason for not having a bind method in the
SOAPification service???

> Not really.
>
> There are problems with Soapification... or more particularly Glue (the
> only impl so far).  The problem is that the latest version of Glue no
> longer works with Phoenix.  It is a tree of classlaoaders issue as I
> have heard others say the same about Glue under weblogic control.
I have experienced some of those problems to.

> As it happens I have started a project under Commons that similarly
> publishes APIs remotely without the hassle of RemoteException or Remote
> interface.  That is likely to in some part be available for Phoenix use
> later.  As for Soapification, unless there is something other that Glue
> that can fit the API, there is little point us keeping a service without
> any blocks.  Do you really need it?

Not at this point really. What I whanted was some form of RPC between
different blocks running
on different machines. Since SOAPification is there and implemented it
seamed a good choice
because I can then later on control them from non-java software.

I  have read the mails regarding your project but I have not yet downloaded
it.
But if it looks good I would love to help out.

-- Brian