avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@osa.de>
Subject [patch] DefaultPool fix (was Re: Pooling code && 1 object)
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2001 17:23:36 GMT
Hi All,

	Hope all is well.

	After playing around with the Excalibur code in jswat I was able
	to validate what was going on inside the pooling code when a
	pool reaches it's maximum capacity.

	With the current code, pools shrink everytime they are full (ie.
	everytime they reach capacity, but not exceed it). I'm not sure
	if this was intended ? (please correct me if I'm wrong) but IMO I think
	this is different than expected by a developer.

	Attached is a patch to fix DefaultPool so that pools are reduced
	in size only when they exceed capacity, not when they reach it. Hope
	it's ok.

	I've also attached the test program I wrote to validate the fix
	just in case someone else would like to check it.

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: